BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Channel Islands Trip

This year I started a program called the congressional award. The basic principles of this award are that the participant needs to set his/her goals & fulfill them. For the fitness section of the award I chose scuba diving! My goal was to get certified. I have fulfilled that goal now.
For my certification trip I went to the channel islands with bobs dive shop. We left Thursday & got there around 8:30. At 9:00 we had orientation which gave us a basic knowledge of what was going to happen and also the rules of the boat. The boat left the dock around three in the morning & arrived at the channel islands around 8:30 in the morning.
On Friday we had pancakes, eggs, sausage, and bacon for breakfast! It was a well made, good tasting breakfast. During the day we went on several dives which was an amazing experience! We saw some urchins the size of a soccer ball!
I saw a lot more life Saturday including a California sea hare ( a type of sea slug ) & a sea cucumber! We also completed the necessary 5 dives for certification & I did one dive without my instructor, which was very exciting!
Billy :D

1 comments:

Charity Anne said...

I'm glad you had the opportunity!